Thursday, July 13, 2006

Aren't Liliput Brilliant

Liliput (formerly called Kleenex) have come into focus this week. I've had their greatest hits for a few years now but havent played it much. For the unititated they're a late 70's punk band from Switzerland.



I need to mention the following tracks (to be fair most of the double CD is a bit iffy but three of the tracks are just so mindboggling fantastico that its worth buying the disc for them alone



The last one mentioned Eisiger Wind is the one that tipped me over the edge. I've been playing it at least 3 times a day for the last 2 weeks. I guess the reason I like it so muych is that it sounds like it was recored by The Fall just after (or before) their classic 'Backdrop' epic!

The disc also ccontains the two Rough Trade singles that Kleenex recorded before they changed their name - Heidi's Head and You/U. These are both good too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home