Thursday, July 13, 2006

Aren't The Stooges Brilliant

The 6 CD boxed set of 'Raw Power' outtakes, called 'Heavy Liquid' dropped thrrough my letterbox today. I didn't even know this existed until last week and what a fantastic platter it is for sure. Disc 1 contains THIRTEEN versions of 'I gotta right' and 3 versions of 'Gimme Some Skin'.



Unfortunately unlike the 7 CD box set of 'Funhouse' outtakes, not all 6CDs are from the Raw Power sessions - there's a lot of live material but hey - you cant have everything!

All this reminds me that the original 'Raw Power' has got to be the best 'rock' LP ever! I will never tire of listening to it and I wont heard a word against David Bowie's production. It may sound somewhat dense but that is what makes it sound so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home