Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Steve Barker is back in town

Imagine my delight upon remembering how brilliant Radio Lancashire's On The Wire used to be back in the late 80's early 90's. It was staple listening on sunday afternoons 2-5. Lots of techno/house/dub/reggage and above all on-u sound. Tackhead and Gary Clail exclusives. There was also some brilliant interviews, Lee Perry and Mark E Smith bieing two I remember. Big Stick also camre in if I recall correctly.

Anyways, the unthinkable happened and On The Wire moved to Tuesday nights and I never listend again.

Then I heard that Steve Barker moved to china, but apparently he carried on doing theshow.

Anyway now he's back (I think) and did his first live show in ages the other week.

Its really nice to have him back. I had the pleasure of meeting him once when he interviewed my band live on On The Wire. Nice bloke.

Oooh yes and a big up to Fenny and of course the esteemed Mrs Cakehead (see MySpace).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home