Friday, July 21, 2006

Isnt old punk brilliant!

It never ceases to amaze me how good some old punk stuff is. Things that jumped out at me today are
  • Subway Sect - Ambition (and Nobody's Scared for that matter)
  • Young Marble Giants - Brand New Life
  • Metal Urbain - Paris Marquis
  • Colin Newman - SSSSStar eyes
  • Killing Joke - Eighties
Almost as brilliant as old punk is old reggae (from the same period), specifically
  • Dr Alimentado - Man Next Door (off best 'dressed chicken in town')
  • I Roy - Noisy Place (actually this is exactly the same as above)
  • Agustus Pablo - Cassava Piece
  • Keith Hudson - Nuh Skin Up (greensleeves 12")
If you were only allowed to take one reggare track to yon desert island then I wouldnt know whether to plump for Cassava Piece or Man Next Door.

I'm not entrely sure what Dr Alimentado does on 'Best dressed chicken in town' as it all seems to be tracks nicked from I-Roy, and the mixes dont seem that different! Anyways, who cares because its a brilliant album.

Well I'm off to the truck festival near Didcot to sample Oxford's finest up and coming bands (and get a sun tan)!

Oooh oooh, did I mention that Yorkshire TROUNCED Warwickshire in the Cricket at Scarborough. Absolultely pummelled them. Thats 2 wins on the trot, the only 2 wins of the season!

byeeee

Also notable this week

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home