Wednesday, April 04, 2012

6 Songs The Fall Ripped Off

I love the Fall. I remember when Acid House came out, MES claimed (in the NME?) he'd "been using that technique for years". (He also claimed he'd written a Sci Fi series that the X Files ripped off but I digress.)

By "been using that technique for years" I always assumed he meant "sampling" other people's music for his own songs.

Here are 6 songs that he appropriated:
  1. Red Eyes - The Legendary Stardust Cowboy : Diceman
  2. Transfusion - Nervous Norvus : Rowsce Rumble
  3. Evil Hoodoo - Seeds : Ten Houses Of Eve
  4. I Wanna Be your Dog - Stooges : Elves
  5. Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight - Spinal Tap : Athlete Cured 
  6. Valerie - The Charles Napiers : Barmy



OK so MES didn't use the tune but he did use some of the words


This one is a total (uncredited) cover version (with different words).


Everybody has their own version of this classic - even Slaughter And The Dogs (Hell In New York)- that's OK then.


This has a brilliant riff and deserves to be used in a serious context.Spinal Tap may be my favourite film



The Ledge again with the aforementioned Earthquake. God it's brilliant, he's not a joke at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home