Friday, May 11, 2012

Total classic girl pop from the 60's

I hadn't heard of Sharon Tandy until a couple of years ago but 'Hold On' (which inexplicably) was a b-side is one of 'those tracks' that one can never get tired of hear (and alos that cannot be played too loud). Here's a clip from the Beat Club. You've got to feel sorry for her though having DLT as a close friend (if indeed he is.)



Whilst I'm on the subject, here's another: Chico's Girl by The Girls



I sometimes wonder whether if music stopped on December 31st 1969, we would be any worse off.

I'm on a roll now. You cant beat Bonnie and Clyde by Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot for 60's pop. having watched the Gainsbourg biopic, I'm amazed they could keep their hands off each other long enough to make this video!





Whilst we are talking about our French cousins, hows about: Françoise Hardy - Comment Te Dire Adieu?





Once you get past the intro, this one is a total belter: Laura Nyro - Eli's Coming





I can't stop myself: SUSAN BARRETT - What's It Gonna Be




You cant fault this one: You just gotta know my mind - Dana Gillespie. Didn't Bowie produce this track?



You cant really talk about 60's girl pop without mentioning The Shangri-Las



or indeed The Ronnettes - Baby I Love You



Finally, another plug for my favourite duet:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home