Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The 5 Best Buzzcocks Tracks

I am often asked what the best five Buzzcocks songs are. OK, so it's usually the voices in my head asking but those voices must be obeyed, I am at their command. They even tell me how to cover my tracks so no one will know .... but that's a story for another day.

Where were we? Oh yes, I went to see the Buzzcocks in London a couple of weeks ago with the original line ups doing many of the classic tracks from the late 70's.Apart from the sound quality, doing way too many Steve Diggle songs and Steve Diggle acting like a complete twat, it was great.

Then I saw them doing Sixteen Again on the Old Grey Whistle Test and I realised just how brilliant they used to be - they were my favourite band before The Fall toppled them off their perch.

1/ Sixteen Again



2/ Get On Our Own



3/ Nostalgia



4/ Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)



5/ Moving Away From The Pulsebeat



So I guess I ought to also list numbers 6 to 10!

6/ Love You More



7/ Orgasm Addict



8/ What Do I Get?



9/ Promises


10/ Real World


This was up their sleeves!



2 Comments:

Blogger Rich C said...

You haven't got I Don't Mind. With that key change and everything. Cuh!

1:22 PM  
Blogger simon waters said...

Agree - "I don't mind" top five anyday. Saw last tour in Manchester. Diggle broke all twat records, plumbing new depths of twattery. He should realise that he is custodian of a wonderful legacy, and behave properly. Is it alcohol or dementia?

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home